Saturday, June 4, 2011

Very excited to start my couponing adventure! I was completely amazed at all these ladies and gents who do this extreme couponing! I wanted a piece of the action too! You have to have alot of patience it seems! I am not a very patient lady!

Friday June 3rd I received 3 grocery store ads in my mailbox and this is where my adventure starts!

ads

I'm freaking out! I don't know what I'm doing really! But I know these ads are key in saving...according to the show. I have also been going to a few sites that Lillian has found and I still feel like I don't know what I'm doing. There is really just so much data!

So, today...I was planning on going over to my local safeway because I heard from Lillian that there was an awesome coupon book there and it was tricky to get...

safeway

Well customer service and no idea what I was talking about...BUT I was very excited to find this!

papers

I was very excited to find the EARLY Sunday paper! That included $142 dollars in coupons! You see I was planning on going over sometime on Sunday. I certainly didn't want to get up super early and go over or anything! So I bought two papers!

I also talked to customer service a little bit about my couponing adventure. I explained that I saw this show and I wanted a piece of the action. They recommended going to the safeway site to get coupons? And I found out they do double coupons everyday up to 50 cents. So that sounds good???

safeway

OK, so at this point I was thrilled to find a Sunday paper on a Saturday... I then rush over to Target to see if I can find a good deal on a printer! So I can print internet coupons! I was able to get a printer for 30 bucks! Not bad! I also got a ream of paper and little coupon book organizer thing.

printer

SO FAR I am in the hole with this couponing adventure!
-30 Printer
-5 Coupon organizer
-4 Ream of paper
-4.20 2 Sunday Papers
GRAND TOTAL OF -43.20

I wonder how long it will take to be in the positive?

Oh! And here was my two minute brain storming of names for the blog

names

But big thanks to my boyfriend Clarke who gave us the idea of "cheap ass ladies" or "frugal fun". haha! Lillian and I liked those both but we stole the Frugal and kept camp... to form Camp Frugal

No comments:

Post a Comment