Sunday, June 5, 2011

My First Attempt!

Man I am pumped!

Last night...I went through my Sunday coupons and cut them all out. I had coupons all in two's! (Because I had bought 2 Sunday papers)

And I finally figured out what "SS" stands for in the coupon world

ss

After staring at my coupons for a while. I was feeling very overwhelmed. Looking at all my store ads and coupons... WHAT I AM GOING TO DO??? and OMG look at all these great deals. But are they really deals? I dont know?! I was very panicy!

safeway ad

I had to get to the store right away. So I find out my store is open till midnight. I wanna see what is going to happen! I made a few frantic phone calls to Lillian.

Clarke and I get to the safeway and the doors are locked! Made no sense to me! The website they are open! So we enter through the exit that is kinda propped open!

So I shop for my 8 things.
Lot #1
at safeway

So turns out they close at midnight and have been closing at midnight for 10 years the manager informs me. He said he has tried to get them to change it on the website for years but for some reason they won't update it! So...good to know!

So here is the break down of my order!
Safeway was having a special where if you bought 8 items from a special mix and match product list you got 50 cents off. I picked:
4xOral B Toothbrush (my coupon is a buy one get one)
2xSnuggle
2xAll detergent
2xColgate Toothpaste

Quick Break Down
2 Laundry Soaps = 1.99 a piece
2 Fabric Softners = 2.49 a piece
1 Toothpaste =2.99 a piece (i messed this one up i guess)
1 Toothpaste =.99 a piece
2 Toothbrushes =0.75 a piece
2 Toothbrushes =0.50 a piece
Grand total Paid = 16.74
Saved=$25.48 62%

Detailed Break Down
2 ALL Laundry Soap 11.98(regular) -5.00 (safeway card savings) -1.50 -1.50 (manufacture coupons) = $3.98 for 2 ALL Detergents (1.99 a piece)

2 Snuggle Softners 9.98(regular) -3.00 (safeway card savings) -1.00 -1.00 (manufacture coupons) =4.98 for 2 Snuggle Softners (2.49 a piece)

1 Colgate Total Advantage 3.99(regular) -1.00(manufacture coupon) =2.99 (didn't receive card savings for some reason)

1 Colgate Max Clean Foam 2.99(regular) -1.00(card savings) -1.00(manufacture coupon) = 99 cents

2 Oral B Special Tounge cleaner kind 5.98(regular) -2.00(safeway card savings) -2.49(manufacture coupon) = 1.49 (75 cents a piece)

2 Oral B Normal Brush 5.98(regular) -2.00(safeway card savings) -2.99(manufacture coupon) =0.99 = (50 cents a piece)

Safeway Card Savings total =13.00
Paper Coupons =10.98
Multiplied Coupons =1.50
Total Savings =25.48
Total Percentage Saved =62%
Grand Total PAID= 16.74

the grand total

So, all in all I feel pretty good. BUT after watching the show I totally understand why they say stare at the register. Looks like the only thing that I messed up is that one toothpaste. That one didn't seem to be on safeway discount (not sure if that is me error or their error) AND i'm not sure I got the 50 cents off for each item (the safeway promo) because that one toothpaste didn't count??? I don't know. And i'm not sure I want to figure it out. Very confusing!

The final stock of the first attempt! Paid only $16.74
Lot #1
safeway stock

1 comment:

  1. wow, seems like you are doing pretty well. Keep up the good work. You will have to give me tips some time! FYI this is Ann (aka anonymous)

    ReplyDelete