Thursday, June 23, 2011

Couponing whilst abroad

Ok...so not really abroad...but because I was away this past weekend for fathers day.. I brought my couponing (addiction) with me.

I wanted to show my family my cool new hobby. I had some mixed reviews.

Lot #4...


4 Suddenly Salads = 50 cents a piece
2 nesquick = 25 cents a piece
2 crystal lights = 1.50 a piece (not so good)
3 dishwasher soap = $1.99 a piece (not so good)
2 olive oils = $2 a piece (not so good)
2 grey poupon = 75 cents a piece

Total Savings= 26.36
Paid Out of Pocket=22.14

So the ones that I didn't do that well on...I was confused on the coupon policy at weis! What happened was... they told me when i got there they double up to a dollar! So i'm thinking all my dollar coupons would double to 2 dollars, right? Well, apparently NO... it means lets say your coupon is 75 cents off.. well it means they will give you another 25 cents off to make it one dollar. totally screwed me! i would have gotten better deals..

In the end it was rewarding because I left my family with lots of goodies. The lemonade I bought was used for the picnic the next day and the pasta salad was made right away for dinner! Also, I left them the 3 boxes of dishwasher soap...I wanted them to feel what it was like to have tons of dishwasher soap handy.

Oh and while googling how to spell grey poupon I came across this little memory

No comments:

Post a Comment